What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 screen not working?

RubyP1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section of the forum; I haven't really used this forum before at all.

I dropped my iPad 2 on a tiled floor in my house. Usually it's in a leather case, but I took it out to properly clean it, sat down to wipe the back and it flew out of my hands and hit the floor. At first I thought it was completely broken as it wouldn't switch on, but when I connected it to my computer it made the little noise when it starts charging, and iTunes said that it had detected a device, but it couldn't recognize it. I did as it said and disconnected it several times, with the same message appearing. So it's not completely dead, but the screen won't turn on. The screen itself is not damaged, and actually the only cosmetic damage is a small dent on the corner which headphones plug into. I've already tried the slapping the back thing that my dad told me to do, and a complete reset. I don't think we have insurance on it (although I didn't know that and thought we did) and I live in France. Already checked the guarantee online, and that definitely doesn't cover accidental damage.

Before I take it to the Apple store, does anyone have any advice on things I could do? Thank you so much, any help is extremely appreciated as I rely on it so much.

Shag_Nasty718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol..Ok dont slap it. Could be the LCD or backlight issue. Apple wont cover if it's dropped.

OP
R

RubyP1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, a bit strange but I was going to take it to the Apple store today, and was trying a reset one last time. I then actually managed to drop it again (in it's case this time) onto the table and somehow it's magically fixed. Hopefully nothing else stops working instead.

Most reactions

Latest posts