What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 CC Kit woes

Reaction score
Does the iPad 2 have different USB specifications then the iPad 1?

When plugging in USB devices, it gives no message, not even the "Device is not supported" one. I have tried to connect a MS Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard to it, but nothing happens not even a message of an unsupported device shows up, but when connecting the same keyboard to an iPad 1, it shows the "Device not supported message" and works.

Has anyone else experience similar difficulties?

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What if you used a powered USB hub since cck only outputs 20mA now...not enough power for keyboard. Not what I would want to do though. Too much trouble.

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Does the iPad 2 have different USB specifications then the iPad 1?

When plugging in USB devices, it gives no message, not even the "Device is not supported" one. I have tried to connect a MS Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard to it, but nothing happens not even a message of an unsupported device shows up, but when connecting the same keyboard to an iPad 1, it shows the "Device not supported message" and works.

Has anyone else experience similar difficulties?

Great observation. I was contemplating that same notion based on ipad2 users post on the subject in other threads. So apple really ceased the support on ipad2. So ipad1 has an advantage in this category. Or could it be the new 4.3 or 4.3.1 causing that issue. I'm still onm4.2.1 ;-)

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
It really looks, as if Apple has restricted the iPad 2 USB functionality.

The keyboard does not even work, when it is connected to an externally powered hub. Very frustrating.

It either is an 4.3.1 issue, or with the iPad 2, as the test iPads are iPad 1 4.3 and iPad 2 4.3.1.

I will update the iPad 1 to 4.3.1 to see, if that is the reason, if not a return of the CC kit will be a likely result.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am typing this on my USB keyboard, running 4.3.1 on 1st generation iPad, so it's not a 4.3.1 issue or limitation.

Most reactions

Latest posts