IPad 10.5" how much RAM

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Battle-Cookie, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Battle-Cookie

Battle-Cookie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hey,

The previous iPad Generation had differences in CPU Speed and the built in RAM. The 9.7 had 2 GB RAM, and the 12.9 had 4GB RAM, also the CPU of the 9.7 was a bit slower than the 12.9

Are there any differences like that in the New Generation too? 10.5 Compared to the New 12.9?

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Apple doesn’t say how much RAM it’s iOS devices contain. We'll likely have to wait for a day or two until ifixit or someone else does a tear down or somebody runs a system status app on the new iPad Pro.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Well, I have to agree w/ SciFan.. about the RAM in the new iPad Pros just announced - both will come w/ the A10X Fusion chip (more information HERE) and also 64 GB base storage! I suspect that the RAM will be 4 GB, but unknown to me @ the moment - after its introduction, I plan to upgrade my iPad Air 2 and purchase the new 10.5" iPad Pro model. Dave

4. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    It would be amazing if Apple would put as much ram and space in a iPad as a computer.

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Don't be too amazed since the iPad Pro 12.9 which came out in 11/2015 had 4GB Ram back then.