What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS6 Release Date has nearly arrived

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone remember how iOS 5 was handled? It was announced on a Tuesday or Wednesday but wasn't available for download until when? That Friday?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone remember how iOS 5 was handled? It was announced on a Tuesday or Wednesday but wasn't available for download until when? That Friday?

It was announced and than released that same day if I am not mistaken...but my memory memory may be off. The big day was on a Wednesday and everybody wanted to do their update that day. This forum was extremely busy here. I was not a Moderator yet, but those who were and still are were all very busy.

Personally, I tried 3 times to update on the day of release. I finally succeeded, but it was a long process. I assume with this new update it can be done OTA and hoping it will be just as quick as the last 2 updates of 5.01 and 5.1...

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was announced and than released that same day if I am not mistaken...but my memory memory may be off. The big day was on a Wednesday and everybody wanted to do their update that day. This forum was extremely busy here. I was not a Moderator yet, but those who were and still are were all very busy.

Personally, I tried 3 times to update on the day of release. I finally succeeded, but it was a long process. I assume with this new update it can be done OTA and hoping it will be just as quick as the last 2 updates of 5.01 and 5.1...

I checked it out :

Keynote :4/10/11 - Tuesday
Release date :12/10/11 - Wednesday

Preorder : 7/10/11 - Friday
Delivery :14/10/11 - Friday

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

I still haven't caught up on my sleep!

The Archangel

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
think i will wait until the initial madness dies down.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still haven't caught up on my sleep!

The Archangel

That was a crazy day! I remember creating a thread that day for an error code...I had 20k + views on just that thread. So many people were on this forum that day, the servers were jammed!

think i will wait until the initial madness dies down.

I may just wait myself!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to wait, too. I usually try to with major upgrades, to see whether smoke starts coming out of early adopters' devices, lol.

Seriously, I would rather avoid the rush and possible complications. I look at early adopters as sort of beta testers.

Besides Siri, are there specific features that people are especially eager to try out?

I've had Siri on iPhone 4S from launch and never use it, because I find it half-baked. (I like the idea of it. I just found that it didn't deliver.) I know some people find it useful, though.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait, too. I usually try to with major upgrades, to see whether smoke starts coming out of early adopters' devices, lol.

Seriously, I would rather avoid the rush and possible complications. I look at early adopters as sort of beta testers.

Besides Siri, are there specific features that people are especially eager to try out?

I've had Siri on iPhone 4S from launch and never use it, because I find it half-baked. (I like the idea of it. I just found that it didn't deliver.) I know some people find it useful, though.
Yes i never jump right in,its fun to see whats being said about it first.

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I install ios6 will I loose the google map feature I already have ?

As others have said , I will hold off on the install until the dust settles .

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As per normal I will say that I'll hold on before updating.......but when the day comes I'll probably be right at the front of the queue when it comes to upgrading!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts