What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 9.2.1 and BT Homehub 5 router

Ian C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here we go again!

My iPad has been fine for ages then I deceide to update the IOS, bad idea. Now whilst connected to out BT Homehub 5 it hangs on every page update and is that slow it's next to useless. My iPhone 6 and the girlfriend's iPad are unaffected, but both on older versions of IOS.

Anyone any suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad has been fine for ages then I deceide to update the IOS, bad idea. Now whilst connected to out BT Homehub 5 it hangs on every page update and is that slow it's next to useless. My iPhone 6 and the girlfriend's iPad are unaffected, but both on older versions of IOS.

Hello Ian C - I'm assuming from the forum posted that you have an iPad Air (which was released at the end of 2013, so should be able to handle the most recent iOS) - the current iOS is 9.2.1 - have you done the updates to that present version?

Also, 'Reset' the iDevice, i.e. hold down both HOME & ON-OFF buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and let the iPad reboot. You may also want to 'power cycle' your modem and router (unless both are in one device) - pull the plug(s), wait a minute or so, then re-power the modem followed by the router - let us know if these maneuvers help. Dave :)

OP
I

Ian C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it's an Air. I had this problem when the iPad was new but changed some setting on the router if I remember that resolved it. Wish I'd just left it alone now and not updated it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes it's an Air. I had this problem when the iPad was new but changed some setting on the router if I remember that resolved it. Wish I'd just left it alone now and not updated it.

Well, hi again - now I posed another question about your iOS updates and also made some other suggestions - please respond and tell us if any of the ideas helped. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts