What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 Beta 2 Animated Spinning Gears OTA Update

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Today, Apple has put out the OTA update for iOS 6 Beta 2. This update includes various bug fixes and improvements but nothing which we can see, other than a new update animation of course. If you are downloading the update Over The Air, you will now see the Settings icon spinning it's gears which it is downloading and installing. Now this isn't a big feature nor is it anything that really matters, but it just looks awesome! Apple did a cool job on this one and hopefully we'll see further animations on other downloads like apps or songs.

Last edited by a moderator:

iJinx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really troubles me...

Nice catch. This could be an indication that we will be seeing animated app icons in iOS 6. However, it really troubles me that the smaller gear on the left should be spinning anti-clockwise and not in the direction it does currently, if it is linked to the bigger gear above. I'm sorry but I would expect Apple to not miss such things :) Steve wouldn't have.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iJinx said:
Nice catch. This could be an indication that we will be seeing animated app icons in iOS 6. However, it really troubles me that the smaller gear on the left should be spinning anti-clockwise and not in the direction it does currently, if it is linked to the bigger gear above. I'm sorry but I would expect Apple to not miss such things :) Steve wouldn't have.

It's just an animation. Nothing to be bothered about IMO.

Most reactions

Latest posts