What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 5.1

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just downloaded it on my iPhone. Couple of improvements on there, but I'm holding off on the iPad cos I'm considering JBing it. iPhone seems responsive enough with the new OS.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No real big reason to update..not even the lyrics issue is fixed

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
True, but now Pages runs in landscape, which is handy for me, and the camera button is permanently on the lock screen.

Chancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one tried 5.1yet? What results? Any impact on speed?
I have now given it a good run out. Battery life is improved. Definitely faster and smoother than 5.01. No crashes so far either. Anything else I don't really know yet.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, I'm liking the ability to delete individual photos from photo stream best. Haven't used iOS 5.1 long enough to tell about improved battery life or fewer crashes, which would be my primary interests.

Have upgraded iPad 1 and 2. No hiccups. Need to do iPhone 4S and touch 4 still, as well as my husband's iPad 1.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad yesterday 03/07/12. I have used my iPad extensively so far and all the apps that gave me messages like "please consider rebooting your iPad" have not popped up! This new 5.1 seems to make this iPad a lot faster coming from a shut down to home screen. Memory hog apps behave like they do on my iPad2-->instant launch. Before, these apps took a seemingly long time to get through the apps start up.

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to test my experiences so far, so anecdotally my iPad seems much improved with this upgrade.

Cobra Jet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those that don't know it yet - to operate the camera from the lock screen on the iPhones - you do not "tap it", you put your finger on the icon and then scroll it upwards... it will then instantly activate the camera function... Pretty much works like opening the "notifications" screen...

~~~

I hope all of the "crashes" were worked out w/ the new iOS update... as that was one of THE biggest issues w/ the last update (5.0.1), constant app & Safari crashes. I have not used mine a lot since the 5.1 update from late last night, but from what others have said so far - no crashing is definitely a GOOD thing! :)

coll1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed iOS 5.1 about two hours ago.
Strangely, I notice my battery meter which read 84% before I started, read 85% after the install !
I have noticed an improvement in battery life ..... 1% every 5.5 minutes surfing, reading emails etc.
It was definitely worse tan that before.
Anyone had a chance to test iOS 5.1 in a bit more detail yet?
Cheers.
Clive

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Improvement in battery life is touted as one of the improvements. Downloaded it this morning so too soon to tell.

OP
alexm1

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Installed 5.1 today and so far so good, as others have said much smoother, no memory issues, calendar issue fixed.

Most reactions

Latest posts