What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting problem??

CBM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I have an iPad air gen3. When I turn it on the back light (only) will not operate. If I repeatedly push the power button it will operate - some times 6-10 cycles, sometimes 50, sometimes not at all.

This iPad is fully charged all the time and was never damaged in any way.

Apple wont assist with the 'black screen recall' as it is not included. Not sure if it is the 'black screen' issue as the iPad operates normally even when the back light is not on. I.e SIRI works and so on.

Apple re-installed the OS to no effect.

Just interested if any one has heard of this issue before? - is it a 'screen' issue, or is it another electronic component issue?. A new screen would not be cost effective for me.

Many thanks for any comments or advice.

Regards

Craig

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the screen does not light up when Siri responds, then it's probably a poor connector or solder joint near the power button. Repeatedly pushing it might make a connection long enough to turn the backlight on.

If the screen does not light up when Siri responds, it might be a bad power button.

Most reactions

Latest posts