What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info on Sharing Ipad

jeffjohn44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am after some information on the best way to share my 7 tear old Daughters Ipad? I am going to China for 2 weeks for work, my Daughter has offered me her Ipad to take. The only thing is I want to sync it up with my Itunes account, but I do not want to loose all her stuff from her Ipad? Can I sync it to my account and then when I return home just re sync it to her account???
Thanks, jeffjohn44

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jeffjohn44 said:
I am after some information on the best way to share my 7 tear old Daughters Ipad? I am going to China for 2 weeks for work, my Daughter has offered me her Ipad to take. The only thing is I want to sync it up with my Itunes account, but I do not want to loose all her stuff from her Ipad? Can I sync it to my account and then when I return home just re sync it to her account???
Thanks, jeffjohn44

Here's a suggestion for you. Have your daughter do a backup of her iPad in her iTunes account, then go into Settings>General>Reset and erase all content and settings. Now, with the equivalent of a factory fresh iPad, set it up as a new iPad in your iTunes account and add whatever apps and other content you'll need for your trip to China. On your return from China, sync the iPad with your iTunes account on your computer and do a backup to save the content from your trip. After doing that, erase all content and settings and your Daughter can then connect the iPad with her iTunes account and set it up from the backup that was made before the trip. This will restore all content that was on the iPad at the time the backup was made.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts