1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Incorrect Wep Key? Drops Network?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by HillPad, May 19, 2010.

1. HillPad

HillPad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok so ill connect to my wireless router, then ill have a great connection as I am 5-8 feet from my router. I will then spontaneously lose the connection and it will say incorrect password or wep key or w/e.

Has anyone seen this problem or know how to fix it?
  2. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Is it a dual band router? Some people have hade issues with them.

Could also be your router dying.
  3. HillPad

HillPad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    would not be be the router dying as my laptops do not have any problems with it. Yes it is a b/g
  4. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    This topic comes up SO many times, and I've heard every guess from router dying to being the fault of the Windows PC. :sigh:

It is a CONFIRMED bug that Apple has stated they will fix, and give advice how to work around here:
    iPad: Issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks
  5. Kiter11

Kiter11 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm running in to the same problem.

So received my iPad in the mail after a 2 week wait I have the 64 3G model. I connected my verizon fios router to it with the version set up password. I have a Mac book, my iPhone, a windows pc, and a wifi printer. For all of them I have had no connectivity issues. The iPad asked for the password to connect and within about 10 minuets it asked for the password again. So I would go to an app that requires web access and it would not load so I would have to go back to safari to reconnect. So after running in to the problem over and over I went through the apple suggestion for a fix. I changed for wep to wpa which, I had to call verizon to get the password for the router. The. Ice thing was I was able to pick my own password that was easy to remember. I then updated the password for all my other devices with the new password. Still no fix, so I called apple and the rep came to the conclusion that I had a bad iPad. I set up an appointment with the local apple store and they just ran a test and gave me a new iPad. So I'm typing on it at home today and after about an hour I have had 1 instance where it asked for the password again. I will update to let you all know if it was the iPad was bad or if was a bigger problem. The apple rep seemed to have a rash of this problem