What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing outlook calendar events into icalendar

minijay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I import calendar events into my icalendar on my IPad mini I am unable to delete or edit them. Can someone please let me know how I can do this?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two supported methods of syncing Google Calendar with iPhone or iPad: Google Sync and the CalDAV protocol.
Google Sync for iPhone seamlessly synchronizes Google Calendar with your device. Once set up, Google Sync works automatically in the background. Changes to your calendar events will be pushed to your phone immediately when they occur.

Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.

Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Tap Add Account

Select Microsoft Exchange.
OS 4.0+ now allows multiple Exchange accounts

In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address.

Enter your account information:
Leave the Domain field blank.
In the Username field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address
In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password
Tap Next at the top of your screen.
Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.

When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
Press Next at the top of your screen again.

Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, Contacts) you want to sync

Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the "All Contacts" group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the latter will happen -- the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.

If you chose the Keep on My iPhone option, another prompt will appear to notify you that you may see duplicate entries. Click the Keep on My iPhone option to proceed.

Click Save in the top-right corner.

Most reactions

Latest posts