What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing contacts after setting up email

C

claireylouisa

I think I remember seeing an option to import contacts when I set up getting my new email on my iPad. I said no because I hadn't imported contacts from an old account to my new web based email account yet. Can I do this after, or do I need to delete the email account from my Mail and start again?

I have iPad 2 Wifi version 4.3.3.

Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depends on where the contacts are stored now, and what type if email account you have. If they are on the computer then you can use iTunes to sync with some contact programs. Which depends on your OS. If they are online it depends on your email provider. Some IMAP servers and most Exchange servers will directly sync contacts to the iPad without needing to sync to the computer.

With a few more details I might be able to give you some more specific advice.

OP
C

claireylouisa

Sorry of course you need more info! It's a hotmail account (live.co.uk) I want to import. It definitely had slide boxes for what I wanted to import when I first connected it to my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts