What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail doubling after sync

sandycove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First post: Becoming familiar with new iPad 2, just set up calendar (from a pen and paper planner) and ran sync to import Google contacts via Exchange from MacBook, an effort which was just slightly buggy.

Mail from two gmail accounts had been operating beautifully via All Inboxes -- handier than switching accounts back and forth on laptop.

But now my iPad emails are doubling in All Inboxes. The issue appears to be the result of creating a sync Exchange account, where unread emails do appear singular. They are also singular in the originating gmail account.

I suppose I could scan emails in the future from only the Exchange account. But the incoming mail number on the desktop icon will still be inaccurately doubled.

Any fix, other than deleting the Exchange account? Thanks...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you open the accounts under Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars you'll find that you can turn off individual services. Turn off mail in one of the two account setups. You should only have each service turned on once per account, no matter how you set them up.

I have to wonder though. It sounded like you have two gmail accounts with unique logins, not just the same one set up twice. Do you have one of those accounts forwarding mail to the other in the Google Mail setting on the server? If so you could turn that off on the server.

Most reactions

Latest posts