What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Import bookmarks/favorites from IE to Safari for ipad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With your iPad connected to the computer, go to iTunes and select your iPad under the Devices list. Go to the Info tab. Part way down you should see an option to sync BookMarks. Select it and see if it has an options to sync with IE. It should, but I won't guarantee it. I'm using a Mac. Sync.

OP
W

wareagle1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
With your iPad connected to the computer, go to iTunes and select your iPad under the Devices list. Go to the Info tab. Part way down you should see an option to sync BookMarks. Select it and see if it has an options to sync with IE. It should, but I won't guarantee it. I'm using a Mac. Sync.

Awesome - thanks so much for your help!

hughob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to the Info tab on iTunes the only bookmark syncing option is Outlook, no option for clicking on IE - why?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I go to the Info tab on iTunes the only bookmark syncing option is Outlook, no option for clicking on IE - why?

No idea. As I said before I'm using a Mac, so I can't check it myself.

If you are prepared to upgrade to iOS 5, you can use iCloud to do this instead. I believe it works with IE, but again, I can't check it myself.

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first item you see is for syncing contacts with Outlook. Outlook doesn't have bookmarks. It's not a browser. If you scroll down, you'll see the other syncing possibilities - calendar, mail, bookmarks, notes. If you don't see these when you scroll, there's something wrong with your iTunes app.

smend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Other section I get the following message:

Your bookmarks are being synced with your iPad over the air from iCloud.
Over-the-air sync settings can be changed on your iPad

So, where is iCloud do I see bookmarks being synced - not seeing it anywhere.
How would I change the over-the-air settings to do in the manner documented above

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Window (Vista and later) you have an iCloud control panel. You should find your Bookmark sync setting there: Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

On the iPad look under Settings > iCloud to turn bookmark syncing on/off.

Do not use the settings in iTunes unless you wish to avoid online syncing of your bookmarks. iTunes is for direct syncing with your computer over a cable (or wi-fi now). I don't recommend it.

When it says it's using iCloud, that means you are not using iTunes to sync that data.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts