What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imessage closing down

rodney985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! Every time I try write an imessage I get halfway through writing when the app closes and takes me back to home screen, and when I go back on messages the text has gone. Iv tried resetting ipad and all the usual turn off imessage and back on etc. not sure if it's related but another issue when I select multiple emails to delete I get to 3 or 4 and they all deselect again, can only delete 1 by 1!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely not healthy.... Try writing your iMessage in the note app, copy and paste it into an iMessage. This may purge whatever is causing iMessage troubles.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried the usual "fix the issue"'s solutions? Closing the app or doing a soft reset on iPad often solves many bizarre problems.

OP
rodney985

rodney985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After numerous resets, turn off/on and all the general 'il try this' it's mysteriously fixed itself, imessage emails the lot. Thanks for the help!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Next time it occurs, perform a hard reset of your device, which generally fixes most spontaneous/unorthodox software related issue

Most reactions