What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Effects of freezing fog
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DSLR

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hooded merganser taken on Christmas Day 2015 in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - near the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral Florida. The refuge is there partially to have a buffer zone around the launch pad in case the rockets don't go up as planned. Mostly salt to brackish water wetlands.

!  P1010528.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hooded merganser taken on Christmas Day 2015 in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - near the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral Florida. The refuge is there partially to have a buffer zone around the launch pad in case the rockets don't go up as planned. Mostly salt to brackish water wetlands.

View attachment 69757

Hey Bob - great pic of the duck - we've been to the Cape several times but not sure if we visited that refuge - BUT another question - wife is turning 70 y/o in a few weeks (plan a little 2-nighter locally), and then will be returning to the Don Cesar in St. Pete's in late March (WOW - just a few months away) - will probably be our 5th stay there over four decades - she loves FL pink hotels (as shown below for those not familiar).

BUT - going a little north or a little south (no further than Sarasota), what nearby 'refuges' would you recommend - thanks for any info - Dave :)
8607447812_6dac1f52c0_b.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Bob - great pic of the duck - we've been to the Cape several times but not sure if we visited that refuge - BUT another question - wife is turning 70 y/o in a few weeks (plan a little 2-nighter locally), and then will be returning to the Don Cesar in St. Pete's in late March (WOW - just a few months away) - will probably be our 5th stay there over four decades - she loves FL pink hotels (as shown below for those not familiar).

BUT - going a little north or a little south (no further than Sarasota), what nearby 'refuges' would you recommend - thanks for any info - Dave :)
View attachment 69775
Since she likes pink hotels, there's always the Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki beach for a future trip.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
<...>
BUT - going a little north or a little south (no further than Sarasota), what nearby 'refuges' would you recommend - thanks for any info - Dave :)<...>
Close to Sarasota, Myakka is probably your best bet.
Florida State Parks
If you feel like taking a drive Ding Darling is nice
Home - J.N. Ding Darling - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
but might be a little far.

Good info can be found on the Great Florida Birding Trail
Homepage | Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail

Have a great visit.

BTW, there is a nice Pink Hotel in Boca Raton, FL

http://www.bocaratontribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/boca-resort.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since she likes pink hotels, there's always the Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki beach for a future trip.
View attachment 69776

Yes, we've been to Hawaii a couple of times and have stayed on the Honolulu beach (believe at the Hilton w/ the Don Ho show of 'Tiny Bubbles' fame) - visited that 'pink' hotel for some drinks - beautiful!

But long plane trips w/ multiple aircraft changes and numerous time zones (5-6 hours, I believe) is just not a consideration anymore for us - tried to convince her to go back to San Francisco or to Vancouver/Victoria and was not interested - SO, Florida is no time zone change and just a few short planes - thus, part of the reason I'm coming up w/ all of these local car trips travelogues, which we are enjoying a lot, and many can be repeated - love this area of the USA for that reason. Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Close to Sarasota, Myakka is probably your best bet.
Florida State Parks
If you feel like taking a drive Ding Darling is nice
Home - J.N. Ding Darling - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
but might be a little far.

Good info can be found on the Great Florida Birding Trail
Homepage | Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail

Have a great visit.

BTW, there is a nice Pink Hotel in Boca Raton, FL

http://www.bocaratontribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/boca-resort.jpg

Thanks Bob - will check out the Myakka place mentioned - would like to revisit Sarasota - return to the Ringling Museum & see that there is an Aquarium that we have not seen - seems like a great day trip for us!

Ding Darling is great - had a day trip there not too long ago on a stay near Ft. Myers Beach w/ a view of the bridge to Sanibel - would love to return and redo a naturalist guided tour - GREAT!

We've stayed at the Boca Raton resort years ago, but love that area and would certainly like to return - my in-laws lived in Delray Beach for many years and we visited them annually, so know that area fairly well.

Thanks again for the advice - will put on my to-do list - Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well after two years, I've gotten back into my woodworking hobby (had a left thumb cyst removed and the nerve took nearly a year to heal) - so have completed several projects, the main one was to build two additional name badge wall holders for our local Unitarian Fellowship - made of oak and contains 8 tiers each of about 16" horizontal holders - finished w/ spray shellac as a sealer coat followed by spray lacquer. Added top semi-lunar adornments @ the top (glued up walnut & oak) to distract from the rectangular appearance - will be taking the project in tomorrow - below added pics of my original larger single name badge holder - SO, should look kind of like a triptych (from my art history days as an undergrad, I guess) - Dave :)
NameTags1.JPG
NameTags2.JPG
Church_NameBadge1.jpg
Church_NameBadge2.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well after two years, I've gotten back into my woodworking hobby (had a left thumb cyst removed and the nerve took nearly a year to heal) - so have completed several projects, the main one was to build two additional name badge wall holders for our local Unitarian Fellowship - made of oak and contains 8 tiers each of about 16" horizontal holders - finished w/ spray shellac as a sealer coat followed by spray lacquer. Added top semi-lunar adornments @ the top (glued up walnut & oak) to distract from the rectangular appearance - will be taking the project in tomorrow - below added pics of my original larger single name badge holder - SO, should look kind of like a triptych (from my art history days as an undergrad, I guess) - Dave :)
View attachment 69781 View attachment 69782 View attachment 69783 View attachment 69784
I look forward to seeing your future woodworking projects.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing your future woodworking projects.

Thanks Scifan.. - thought that I may have forgotten my previously skills but came back immediately - at the moment, cannot remember even if I've posted some of my previous projects (probably so), but will check this thread - thanks again - Dave :)

P.S. to celebrate my return to woodworking, I replaced a couple of older tools (donated to our local Habitat for Humanity), i.e. a new Makita biscuit joiner & a Festool Li-Ion drill w/ multiple exchangeable chuck options - nothing like some new toys to get one interested - ;)
Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 10.40.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 10.42.21 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts