What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I totally forgot to consider the Austrian navy when I saw the picture.;)

Scifan.. - LOL! :) Austria, now, a land-bound country but formerly part of a large empire that had ports on the Adriatic Sea (Source) - but a favorite film of mine is The Sound of Music where Captain Georg von Trapp (a U-Boat submarine captain in WWI) was an Austrian under the service of the German Navy during that war - there is some history in the past - ;) Dave

The Austro-Hungarian Navy was the naval force of Austria-Hungary. Its official name in German was kaiserliche und königliche Kriegsmarine (Imperial and Royal War Navy), abbreviated as k.u.k. Kriegsmarine.

This navy existed under this name after the formation of the Dual Monarchy in 1867 and continued in service until the end of the First World War in 1918. Prior to 1867, the empire's naval forces were those of the Austrian Empire. By 1915 a total of 33,735 naval personnel served in the k.u.k. Kriegsmarine.

After the First World War, both Austria and Hungary were deprived of their coasts, and their navy was confiscated by the victorious Allied powers. Their former ports on the Adriatic Sea, such as Trieste, Pola, Fiume, and Ragusa, became parts of Italy and Yugoslavia. (After the break-up of Yugoslavia, its former coast is divided between Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, and Montenegro.)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are from today, taken with my iPhone
image.jpeg

Before sunset
Afterwards:
image.jpeg

For some time, this looked like someone's giving smoke signals:
image.jpeg

(Zoomed in a bit)
And some time after sunset, when it was getting dark:
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    827.9 KB · Views: 108

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are from today, taken with my iPhone
View attachment 68670
Before sunset
Afterwards:
View attachment 68671
For some time, this looked like someone's giving smoke signals:
View attachment 68672
(Zoomed in a bit)
And some time after sunset, when it was getting dark:
View attachment 68674
I like the way the setting sun reflects off the lake in the first photo but the third photo has the best clouds. That lake must be the most photographed lake in the area by now, with all those excellent photos you've been taking.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the way the setting sun reflects off the lake in the first photo but the third photo has the best clouds. That lake must be the most photographed lake in the area by now, with all those excellent photos you've been taking.
Maybe, except for Lake Neusiedl, I guess. :) And thank you. :)
I'm not the only one taking pictures there. Last year, I was talking with two men from Vienna, waiting for the interesting part after sunset, to take photos.
And I know a few people from my village who also enjoy the sunsets there - and take pictures. :)

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Routinely, I frequent 3 forums - this one, Mac-Forums, and the Good Music Guide (where I put my music & movie/TV comments) - there is a thread there in the Diner called 'Worst looking CD/LP artwork' - this morning the pic below appeared which I liked and wanted to share - :D Dave

P.S. can't we get the color of that emoticon changed! Lime green just does not reflect the emotion meant - ;
Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 12.25.34 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts