What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're in the second week of spring which has well and truly sprung with a lovely 24c today.
Yesterday we decided to go to the Royal Adelaide Show held every second week in September. We hadn't been for three years.
Here are a few pics I snapped:
View attachment 67523
Through the entrance to the show grounds promising noise and a kaleidoscope of colour. There were a lot of people, I guess not having to work that day;)
View attachment 67524
View attachment 67525
View attachment 67526
All kinds of displays of produce, arts and crafts, cakes etc set out for judging. There are five large pavilions in the Wayville show grounds, including one dedicated to childrens' show bags.
View attachment 67527
View attachment 67528
View attachment 67529
In the side show and hurdie gurdie area there was no shortage of ghost trains and spooky haunted houses to terrify those tired of being terrified on the death-defying machines nearby.
View attachment 67530
View attachment 67531
View attachment 67532
View attachment 67533
These contraptions were for the most part not for the faint hearted. The screaming was incredible. Surely best to go on these before eating a hearty lunch:)
View attachment 67534
View attachment 67535
View attachment 67536
View attachment 67537
View attachment 67538
View attachment 67540
We enjoyed the animal pavilions with sheep, cattle, alpacas, pigs etc brought in for judging from all over the state. We always check out the pigs (including pig races), and the huge sows with incredible sized litters (but didn't linger in the pig pavilion too long:))
View attachment 67541
View attachment 67542
A highlight of any show visit is the wood chopping contests. Yesterday was part of an international competition between Australia (in green and gold) and New Zealand (black and white) in a series of medleys in chopping and sawing.
All up it was a very enjoyable day.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
It looks like a great start to spring. How many times did you climb the wall? ;)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like a great start to spring. How many times did you climb the wall? ;)
lol I didn't climb the pictured wall, but felt like climbing one today when I chose to use Tapatalk to post and display the pictures and found that the maximum number allowed in the Tapatalk app is 20 pics. Bit miserable that I think.
So I had to omit a few. Probably just as well for members' sakes :D
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol I didn't climb the pictured wall, but felt like climbing one today when I chose to use Tapatalk to post and display the pictures and found that the maximum number allowed in the Tapatalk app is 20 pics. Bit miserable that I think.
So I had to omit a few. Probably just as well for members' sakes :D
Andrew
The maximum is 20 photos per post as well, when posting directly from the website.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The maximum is 20 photos per post as well, when posting directly from the website.
Thanks mate, I didn't know that. What I'm a bit dark about is that I have been using Tapatalk for over three years now and after about a year's use they introduced an in-app purchase facility for which I paid money to remove the 20 minimum allowed pics that existed to start off with.
Then they "improved" the app a number of times since then where, I was not aware, the minimum has reverted back to 20 pics. It was not a lot of money, about $5, but these people kept it anyway. I repeat, a bit miserable IMHO. But good to know, for future posts, that the web site is just as "brilliant" :confused:
Andrew

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
<...snip...>
The Washington Monument reopened for visitors last year after the 2011 earthquake - how did the repairs look? Dave :)
Repairs looked good. I couldn't tell.

The Smithsonian Castle (we ran out of time before we ran out of eye candy)
Smithsonian Castle.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep soup kitchen line. Thanks for the compliment.

I'll load more when I shrink them. These are about 10% of the size on my hard drive.

Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts