What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks author page

ddays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I just got my first ebook published in the iBookstore ("Sodium") and I am wondering how I get the author web page hooked up to my site. Thanks for any help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open iTunes on the computer and search for your book. Right click on the book and select copy link. This will get you the link to the website version of your book's description. Paste it somewhere convenient so that you can copy it to your own website as needed. You can also paste it into your browses URL field to test.

Click on the book in iTunes. On the book's page in iTunes you will see the hierarchy of where you book is in iTunes. It will end in your name. Right click on your name and select copy link. This link will open iTunes and load your author page. I don't think there is a web site version of this page.

You should also by able to get this link by right clicking on 'View More by This Author' in the website version of the book description.

Again, save it somewhere convenient for later inclusion in your own web pages, emails, whatever.

Is this what you needed?

Last edited:
OP
D

ddays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. In the iBookstore when I bring up my book, just below it there is a link to "view author page". What I am wondering is how I get that link in the iBookstore to point to my home site (my author page). I already have a link on my home site to my book in itunes/ibookstore. What i need is info on how to set tbe link in the ibookstore to point to my home site. Does anyone know if that has to be embeded in the meta data of my ebook? Thanks for any help on this!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not longer sure what you are talking about. I've never seen an external link for Books in iTunes or the iBooks Store. The Author page just takes you to an iTunes page that lists all your books. In a few cases (mostly with very popular authors) that page has been modified with a custom background; Stephen King, for instance.

The Apps Store does have outside links below the app description; usually a home page and support page. Is this what you are talking about?

OP
D

ddays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for your reply. If you search the iBookstore from within iBooks for my book "Sodium" (its a sci-fi novel), then click on the book icon, you will see in the middle of the page a link for "View Author Page". If you click on the link it says "Device Not Supported" or something to that affect. So, I was wondering if there was a way for me to link that to my home site so that if someone wanted to read more about the author or if I have any other books, they would be taken to my site. This "View Author Page" link does not show in the iTunes browser window when searching for my book so that may be where you missed it. It only appears when searching through the iBookstore from iBooks on my iPhone or iPad.

My guess is that either its something they sell to publishers as an extra or maybe it needs to be embeded in the metadata of the epub format. I published through lulu.com and they said they could not link it so I was wondering why its there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
dawgdays said:
Thanks again for your reply. If you search the iBookstore from within iBooks for my book "Sodium" (its a sci-fi novel), then click on the book icon, you will see in the middle of the page a link for "View Author Page". If you click on the link it says "Device Not Supported" or something to that affect. So, I was wondering if there was a way for me to link that to my home site so that if someone wanted to read more about the author or if I have any other books, they would be taken to my site. This "View Author Page" link does not show in the iTunes browser window when searching for my book so that may be where you missed it. It only appears when searching through the iBookstore from iBooks on my iPhone or iPad.

My guess is that either its something they sell to publishers as an extra or maybe it needs to be embeded in the metadata of the epub format. I published through lulu.com and they said they could not link it so I was wondering why its there.

I saw that link, and that it was broken (or something) for your book. I tried it with a few other books. Some books did the same as yours (search can not be performed on this device), but the ones it does work on just go to an iTunes page with all that author's books. I'm not sure why it does not work on your book. It is probably a bug in the iPad version of iTunes since you can go to your iTunes author page on the computer. My guess is that the search is choking on authors with only one book in the store, though it could certainly be something your publisher is doing incorrectly.

Most reactions

Latest posts