What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

If anyone could kindly help me on the way to restore my PDF flies. I have lost all my iBook content after I updated my iPad to iOS 5 software. Thanks in advance

wamphster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If its sync to your itunes, then it shoud be in your computer.

OP
A

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not good at the process....can you help me please?

wamphster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to your itunes then look at the tab Book on the left side of your library. All the books purchased and pdf's should be in there.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, he's right, this happened to me and I had to sync my iPad again. If that doesn't work, delete books off iBooks app on iPad and then resynch to iPad. Reset iPad afterwards to clear any problems. Double press home and off switch until you get slide to turn off then wait until shut down and then double click both buttons until apple sign reappears. Don't know why this happens to some of us but there you go!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
A

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot find the Book under Library in the iTunes.

On the other hand, I have deleted the iBook from my iPad and sync it again but no data as well !!!!!!:(

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you not have a file on your computer with all PDF's on it as a backup? I keep all my pdf's on external hard drive to make sure I don't lose anything. These updates can lose things no matter what anyone says!

Having said that, if it's an iBook bought from iBooks then that's an issue you need to take up with Apple. Go into Apple support and email them what happened, they are sure to help you out.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the PDF files were added directly to iBooks on the iPad, then they probably did not sync back to iTunes. It's a known issue. They only sync properly when added to iTunes first.

What this means is that your PDFs are gone, unless you have them backed up elsewhere. Sorry.

Like any computer, only more so with mobile, it is a really bad idea to keep important documents stored in only one location and device. Old techs like me have learned this the hard way; usually right after the third or forth incident and all night recovery effort that ends up taking all week. ;)

If you don't have a computer to keep copies on, I recommend a cloud service like DropBox or Box.net.

Hopefully you can find all the PDF's you need again.

OP
A

Adel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're right...we have to learn it the hard way sometimes. Thanks for the advice. At least it will not happen again :).

Most reactions

Latest posts