What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want tabs for my running apps

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tired of having to double-tap the home button to get to my running apps. Why can't Apple give us a toolbar or tabs at the bottom for apps they leave running? Just saying...

Mav777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will there be an app for that? :) It would be nice to have an option anyway, maybe soon.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hopefully the competition will take off. right now Xoom doesn't seem to be doing that well but this is not the end of the battle. I am hoping that Black Berry Playbook will kick some butt and provide a serious competition to iPad. Also it looks like Amazon might be heading the tablet pathway and Nook is already on board. We will see what will happen towards the end of the year. the more competition we get the more pressure there will be on apple to introduce features that improve user experience.

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wahoowad said:
I'm tired of having to double-tap the home button to get to my running apps. Why can't Apple give us a toolbar or tabs at the bottom for apps they leave running? Just saying...

I have just learnt something very useful about the home button. Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wahoowad said:

I have just learnt something very useful about the home button. Thanks!

Also, if you touch and hold any app icon after a short while they start to 'jiggle'. Then you can close an app by touching the '-' sign on the top left hand corner of the app. It's a good way to completely close an app that is perhaps exhibiting unusual behaviour. It only closes the app, though, it doesn't delete it.

Then close the multi-task bar - touch the top of the Home screen or press the Home button - and start the app up again. It usually 'cures' a whole load of 'issues' with 'misbehaving' apps.

Tim

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
The double-click home button is your task bar. See it as an auto-hidden task bar. But your right, the double-click can be annoying. Isn't the multiple-gesture that was suppose to be part of iOS 4.3 the simpler way of switching between apps?

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts