I need way to print from IPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dr_shalgam, Feb 28, 2013.

1. dr_shalgam

dr_shalgam iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's a best apps to use my printer?

2. Ed1102

Ed1102 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    In my experience, the first thing is to be sure you have a printer that has "Air Print" capability. Many new ones do but older printers will not have this. Once you have this and have established communication between the iPad and printer (which is essentially automatic), then it is simple from that point on. You just select 'print' from the document and it goes. I've been printing from my iPad 4 ever since I got it and it works great with my HP printer.

3. Junior

Junior iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Print Central allows you to use any printer on your network. The catch is that you'll need a network computer on and have the applet loaded to allow network print from iDevices. The cost of the app likely offsets the cost of buying a new printer though.

4. Mini_mi

Mini_mi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Print Pro and/or PrintBureau will do what you need. Both have worked with my HP wireless printer which in not airplay capable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. mike2874

mike2874 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use FingerPrint 2 software which installs on your computer and let's any IOS device see any printer as an AirPrinter. Might seem expensive at $20 buts its a one time purchase so you never have to buy any printer apps...read their Blog for more info.
    FingerPrint - Collobos Software

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    If you have a netgear router you can get their free NetGEAR Genie software for on your PC and then you can print to any printer, virtual or real, connected to your PC.

7. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +999 / 0
    Well, there now appears to be so many options for this purpose (i.e. other than having an Air Print compatible printer) - BUT, I've been using Mike's suggestion above for nearly 2 yrs w/o a problem (updated to their newer version w/ a discount) - BOTTOM LINE - it works on my printers (an inkjet & a laser), so a definite recommendation! :)