What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my new IPad... but how to switch from Verizon to At&T?

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 2 at Target today right in my own neighborhood here in the South Bronx. I was scared I'd have to go to the apple store on 59th st. and I'm so happy that I was able to just WALK over and buy it... There was a line so I came a whole hour early. I got the white 32GB 3G ... I love it... Just gave my old iPad to my husband...

:D:D:D:D:D

Only when I got home did I notice that my iPad is on Verizon's network NOT AT&T, I have had a lot of trouble with Verizon in the past. Their DSL service is the worst and they have been claiming we'd get high speed FiOS in my neighborhood for YEARS... but no action.

:mad: (I hate them!)

I just canceled my internet with Verizon at home and I was feeling so good to be rid of them! --but now they are on my iPad. Ugh. How do I switch to AT&T? I like AT&T's data plan much more too since they have a $15 option. (I have a 4G wifi hotspot from clearwire... so most months I will not use the 3G... it's just for those rare times when we are out of 4G territory and need to send an email or see a map.)

Is there any way to switch?

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I bought my iPad 2 at Target today right in my own neighborhood here in the South Bronx. I was scared I'd have to go to the apple store on 59th st. and I'm so happy that I was able to just WALK over and buy it... There was a line so I came a whole hour early. I got the white 32GB 3G ... I love it... Just gave my old iPad to my husband...

:D:D:D:D:D

Only when I got home did I notice that my iPad is on Verizon's network NOT AT&T, I have had a lot of trouble with Verizon in the past. Their DSL service is the worst and they have been claiming we'd get high speed FiOS in my neighborhood for YEARS... but no action.

:mad: (I hate them!)

I just canceled my internet with Verizon at home and I was feeling so good to be rid of them! --but now they are on my iPad. Ugh. How do I switch to AT&T? I like AT&T's data plan much more too since they have a $15 option. (I have a 4G wifi hotspot from clearwire... so most months I will not use the 3G... it's just for those rare times when we are out of 4G territory and need to send an email or see a map.)

Is there any way to switch?

You have to take your Ipad back and, get the version for At & T.

OP
Futurebird

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW. Really? I don't know if it is worth it. I guess I'm stuck with Verizon then. Well, it gives me more incentive to avoid using.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an ATT iPad, and a Verizon iPhone 4. No comparison. In the afternoon on workdays the ATT iPad slowed to a crawl while my iPhone never slowed down. You're lucky you accidentally went with Verizon.

I hated ATT so much I gave up my unlimited data plan. Turns out I was using less than 1GB per month anyway and Verizon covers that for $20 per month.

Most reactions

Latest posts