What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I had enough of iPad 1

clothesfee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an App Developer, I am suffering from the design flaws of iPad I. 256MB of memory for a screen with resolution of 1024x768 surely is not enough. I am switching to iPad 3 myself as soon as it releases. Who's with me? ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is iOS 5. I was happy with iPad 1 before that. Bummer that we can't downgrade firmware.

I don't know about iPad 3, because I also have an iPad 2. Depends on the features and functions. I have an Apple gift card to burn, though.

OP
C

clothesfee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad 1, too. I have a ipad 2, 'cause I have to test my apps on it. iPad 2 is way better than iPad 1. And the apps never crash on iPad 2 for "lack of memory" issues. I just hope more people will switch to iPad 2 or iPad 3. So I don't have to consider iPad 1 any more... I know I am selfish to say this. But really, 256MB of memory is not enough for such a big screen.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me---- but I will say I'm not one bit sorry I bought my Ipad 1 when it came out. It has changed totally how I use a computer (for one thing it is always with me in my Rickshaw Ipad bag and I would never carry my laptop in such a casual every day way). As I said in another thread my laptop has had a very long rest, my PC is now the "niche" computer being used primarily for Photoshop/Lightroom and big jobs in Office. I also believe the Ipad has surpassed with third party apps anything Apple anticipated.

Its apparent gen one can't handle everything in IOS 5 and personally I think Apple should have limited it for Ipad 1 but then look what happened with 'gestures' and they put it back in (though I have mine turned off as I do with a lot of IOS 5 options)--there would have been a terrible hue and cry. I for one don't want Ipad 2 and 3 crippled because gen 1 can't handle it. I have a number of friends with Ipad 1 who almost never crash but then they don't push theirs as I do. So, on to Ipad 3 for me and my Ipad 1 will take over my Rhapsody chores as my aging Touch is---aging LOL.

Diane

Last edited:

imjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still satisfied with my ipad 1. Well since I use it mainly for presentation, watch movies and browsing, the lack of memory isn't a big deal.
As for gaming, I only enjoy PC games. Just by looking at batman arkham city and battlefield 3 on my PC, I realize that no mobile games can satisfy me with such graphic. My eyes are spoiled with such thing that I dont think I can enjoy games below that quality.
As for mobile games, I only play the ones that can be played multiplayer on the same device, and as far as I know any games like that can still be handled perfectly. So about ipad 2 or the upcoming 3, haven't think about upgrading.

Last edited:

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I am! But I love my iPad1 with all my heart!

I agree but the more demands I put on my first gen is forcing me to look at the iPad 2, but I'm going to wait until the 3 is announced and most likely buy an ipad2 refurb and save a few bucks. Also, I'm hoping the price will drop even more when the 3 launches

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tablet technology is changing fast. Apple is staying ahead of the competition but the newness of the genre is going to make it a rapid transition medium. Think of how fast the iPhone has changed from the beginning, and now the field is more competitive. The iPad is going to be the same. I plan on getting the iPad 3 providing it has the bulk of the main features reported. I love my iPad, but it is the apps that make it work. The biggest issue I have is that a lot of the apps do not show a lot of means for effective feedback, nor flexibility in how they function.

kjsre74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am! But I love my iPad1 with all my heart!

Yes me too, I love my iPad 1 with all my heart also. But I will get the new gen cos infinity blade dun run well on my first gen. Will still keep the iPad 1 for my wife or daughter.

miaomiao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will embrace iPad 3 when it comes out. But I will keep my iPad 1, 'cause it means alot to me. It changed my world.

C

Choklitdaddy

My iPad1 still suits me fine. We can talk about 3 when there actually is one.

Most reactions

Latest posts