What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't stream radio stations live.

Ramondavich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why has my iPad stopped streaming radio stations? It worked overseas and in NSW and QLD, but has not worked since going to NT and SA...is there a problem with these states or my iPad?
Sorry, I am an old fa#t and not that computer literate.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two questions, is the iPad 4G (in other words, has a SIM on a data plan) and what app are you using to stream the radio stations?

OP
R

Ramondavich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yes it is 4G And I have tried several apps, Streema, Tune in, Listen live and direct stream from the radio stations.

OP
R

Ramondavich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, sometimes the station connects but no sound, usually though it tries to switch on and then just turns off leaving a picture of the station showing.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You probably know this, but, If you are tying to use it out and about, make sure Cellular Data, LTE, and the apps that you are trying to use are all turned on under Settings > Cellular.

Also, have you tried streaming when you have a wi-fi connection, and does it work then?

If it does not work with wi-fi, there's a strong possibility that you are running into some kind of regional restrictions. Those can be a pain to work around.

OP
R

Ramondavich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seldom use Wi Fi as I am currently travelling around in my caravan, when a park has had WI Fi it still does not work, strangely, my iPhone allows some station like the ABC to be be streamed, not my iPad however.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is a general lack of cellular data available out in those country areas. What network is your SIM connecting to?

OP
R

Ramondavich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know?? I told you I was an old f#rt. (lol)

It seems that even though I have email access and forum access, my streaming of radio isn't.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True. Actually in the top left of your screen you should see 5 dots (a mix of solid and/or empty dots), followed by the name of your provider, then, if on wifi, you should see the wifi fan. What does it say up there?

I've never had any trouble with TuneIn, have not tried the others. Have you tried multiple stations, or are you trying one specific station?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Telstra is probably the best network to be on in regional areas, so that's good.

I'm stumped why the stations via apps like TuneIn would not work if you have Internet connection. As TP mentioned, I'd check in Settings -> Mobile Data and scroll down to each app to make sure it's green to allow use of cellular data.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts