What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cannot download or update softwars

davchik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I m having problem to download or update my apps on new iPad. Sometime, it works just fine, sometimes it doesn't.

Any idea why is it happening?
Thanks for help in advance.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How are you connected to the App Store when this happens?

There is a size limit on download over cellular connections, so large apps can only be installed via wifi / iTunes.

The quality / speed of your internet connection can also be an issue and cause downloads to fail.

If you can provide more details about the scenario we may be able to help further.

OP
davchik

davchik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected via wifi with the perfect speed which lets to watch movies online freely.

This problem occurs sometimes. After one day pass, it will work again just fine. The file size also is not that big. One them is just 12 mb

OP
davchik

davchik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can download via cellular connection. But with wifi I cannot download or update anything. My wifi speed is very good. Any idea what is the problem?
Btw, I m using the new iPad/ iPad 3

Thanks for help

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davchik said:
I can download via cellular connection. But with wifi I cannot download or update anything. My wifi speed is very good. Any idea what is the problem?
Btw, I m using the new iPad/ iPad 3

Thanks for help

when you open the apps store is there any warning massge or pop up message?? if no
what about when you tap the app you wish to download ? if the asnwer is no
try rebooting your ipad just hold sleep and home button for 40sec wait for the apple logo to come out IGNORE THE SWIPE TO TURN OFF MESSAGE
and now try to download apps using wifi IF THE APPS STORE DOSENT ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD IT
reset the network setting go to settings>general>reset>reset network setting and reset your router too then it should work

iPad 3 

Most reactions

Latest posts