What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari frozen?

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, lately I've noticed something new...occasionally safari will seem to get "stuck". Reminds me of my windows pc when everything just freezes. I've closed all programs when this happens and sometimes it's fine and doesn't happen again for a day or two. I think it's been doing this just since the last update that was something security based with safari wasn't it? I just updated last week and it's been doing this since then...oh and I did shut completely down and rebooted. Any ideas why it would be getting stuck like this sometimes? Thanks. Annette

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've done all the obvious things, like closing the app in the multi-task bar, and completely switching the iPad off, so not sure what the issue might be. Yes, the update to iOS 4.3.4 was a PDF security patch but I wouldn't have thought that would have caused this issue. Does it always freeze on the same websites or is it completely random?

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well - Tim says (running out of ideas!) - we could try a reboot...

Switch the iPad off, then hold down the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - can take quite a time - and allow the iPad to reboot. I don't hold out much hope for this helping, but it can't hurt and it gives me some time to think of another idea - or someone cleverer than me to come along with another idea (OK, that shouldn't be difficult...:( )

Tim

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I tried rebooting again today....so far so good. I'm hoping it was just a strange fluke. Hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks Annette

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please let us know if the problem re-appears and we'll try some different 'solutions'. There has to be a fix for this.

Tim

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, so far it hasn't happened again. Keeping my fingers crossed! Annette

Most reactions