What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HTML5 coming?

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
Great news that from 12 October I will not need a PC to run my iPad2, just install iOS5 and bingo no more Windows! However, when are we going to enjoy streaming? Will HTML5 (replacing Adobe Flash) be supported? Can't wait...

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean about streaming. I stream many videos and audios on my Ipad 1 all the time. I also use Air Play to stream those via Apple TV to TV. Maybe you can add a bit more about what you want from streaming.

I am thrilled about not having to connect to PC for upgrades anymore. I always had very very long backups prior and had to delete some apps like news where there was a lot of content to get reasonble times for upgrades. I guese judt this one more time to get IOS 5 LOL.

OP
riki

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
I'm not sure what you mean about streaming. I stream many videos and audios on my Ipad 1 all the time. I also use Air Play to stream those via Apple TV to TV. Maybe you can add a bit more about what you want from streaming.

I am thrilled about not having to connect to PC for upgrades anymore. I always had very very long backups prior and had to delete some apps like news where there was a lot of content to get reasonble times for upgrades. I guese judt this one more time to get IOS 5 LOL.

Thanks for coming in Diane. I have been able to enjoy watching football (soccer) matches on my desktop PC (webs streaming audio and video using Adobe Flash) but the iPad2 lacks this facility because it does not support Adobe. I understand that HTML5 will solve the problem in the not too distant future but when?

OP
riki

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
Since my last post I have discovered more sites that are using HTML5 and therefore I can watch them on my ipad2. Unfortunately, I haven't found one yet streaming live soccer/tennis free. It'll come, hopefully.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that Adobe is doing some rethinking but HTML5 is available now. Any of the sites that use Flash can switch but that's up to the site developer. For instance Vimeo completely switched from Flash to HTML5 and many of the photography sites I visit have redone their sites to use HTML5 instead of Flash and i can stream any of those. So--for your soccer matches I'm not sure.

OP
riki

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
My understanding is that Adobe is doing some rethinking but HTML5 is available now. Any of the sites that use Flash can switch but that's up to the site developer. For instance Vimeo completely switched from Flash to HTML5 and many of the photography sites I visit have redone their sites to use HTML5 instead of Flash and i can stream any of those. So--for your soccer matches I'm not sure.

sportlemon.tv is the one I use for soccer/tennis and I am hoping that one day soon they will switch to HTML5.

OP
riki

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
Thought I would add this link for those interested in the Flash issue on IOS devices and what Adobe's response is with their new Flash server.

Adobe finally brings Flash to iPhone and iPad

Great news but it will only work if the site developer pays for it and at $4,500 some will not be able to afford it. So, as users, we'll just have to wait and see.

Most reactions

Latest posts