What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hp C309a printer and ipad

nolsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a year old wireless HP printer C 309a, but it's not capable of printing from the iPad or iPhone, so I'm told. Very frustrating. Don't want to dump it yet. The thought offends me. Any suggestions as far as apps go, or other............?

talofofo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same printer and have used Print n Share Pro app successfully - although not extensively. Have mostly used it to print emails so I can't vouch for how well it works for other printing. I think it only has 3 stars and I don't think it is a free app. I'm happy with it because it works on the HP c309 wireless thru my LAN.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two main ways you can go about this.

1) There are several apps in the app store that allow you to print to a wireless printer. Some have you add a "p" before a web address to print a page most will have you navigate using an in-app browser which provides your printing functionality. Most of these are either free or less than $2 - $3 US.

2) You can jailbreak your device and install an app called "Tru-Print" this combined with a "helper app" will enable native printing capabilities as well as the ability to print to PDF to save your files on your iPad. This is what I wound up going with because it's far less hassle and functions exactly like normal air print meaning you don't need to be in a special app or do anything fancy to use it. Wherever the air print option is you can print. The app costs $9.99 US in Cydia and (of course) you have to have your device jailbroken to use it.

I'd go with the first option if you print on occasion or it's always from a webpage. I would advise the second if you're like me and try to use your iPad like your laptop and find a frequent need to print off articles, shipping labels, etc. that you couldn't do with a typical print app.

Most reactions

Latest posts