What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP AIO 6500A Plus - Cannot Print

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I just noticed my sketch or avatar orvwhat ever you call itdoesnt show up, what am I doing wrong?

jsubida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. So I have the exact same printer and am having the same exact problem as bustoc. However, I tried the solution suggested by Tim and it didn't work for me :(

I just bought the printer yesterday and upgraded the firmware. I can print, scan, and do everything else just fine from my Macbook Pro. Is there anything else I can do to get Air Print working with my iPad?

Thanks ahead of time!

When you try to print from within an app on the iPad, does the menu offer you the option of your printer - but then it just doesn't print - or can't you even 'see' your printer listed as being available?

Tim

I don't even see it in the list of available printers. :(

jsubida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that if I have a problem once in awhile with my printer and print sharevitbhelps my printer if I have myblaptop running, don't know why I never put anything in myblaptop about print share, but I do believe itbis router related. If young tonapplevsupportbyoubshould be able to pull up a listvof printer thatvare AirPrint and or e print capable. If doesn't help feel free to contact me and I will email younthevlist, I believe I still have it in my files, and if finances allow and depending on what you are printing try tonget a officevprinter as thevphoto smartvprinters go through a lot of ink as I foundvout the hard way.don't know a lot butbif I can help I will.
Jean A.K.A. Mama Lupi.

Hi Jean. I definitely have one of the printers listed as Air Print compatible (the HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-AIO).

Do I have to tinker with my router to get Air Print to work? Right now, my printer is hooked up to the router via Ethernet. I have a Netgear DIR-655 router.

rigasr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same printer and same problem as bustoc. I keep having to power cycle the printer and the ipad for it to print. The printer is availabel to chose but the print job never gets there. On my iPad, when I open up the Print Center, it just shows waiting in the status field. After I recycle the printer, it sometimes prints once and not again. Its so frustrating. HP iPrint works but I dont want to keep on opening another app just to print.
I find that printing text works fine for a while with airprint but photos blow it up somehow. Any ideas anyone?

jsubida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works!

Hi all. I just wanted to report my fix. It turns out the issue was with my router. I have a D-link DIR-655 router. I found a fix on the web where someone turned off multicasting on his router. To do this,

1. Log in to your router
2. Click Advanced -> Advanced Network
3. In the "Multicast Streams" section, make sure "Enable Multicast Streams" is unchecked.
4. Save changes, wait for router to reboot, and enjoy AirPrint. :D

I hope this helps someone. I've been tearing my hair out for the past few days. o_O

Most reactions

Latest posts