What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer photos to ipad from PC

Zaid Mallick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have recently got Ipad and is not able to use it properly.
Can u please assist me?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome, from Cali! This was posted by one of our greatest Mods ~ hope it helps!

Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN

1. Create a new folder on your PC e.g. name it: iPad Photo Designs
2. go inside this new folder and create five new folders and name them for eg:

- Bathroom
- Bedroom
- Kitchen
- Den
- Deck

3. Drag or copy/paste pictures inside those five folders.

4. Start iTunes: make sure your USB is connected on your PC and your iPad.

5. In photo sync do the select a folder:

Find the folder: iPad Photo Designs
Select that folder then click "apply" to start synchronize.

6. When sync is completed, start your iPad and touch photos, now all the five albums with pictures will appear

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As Marie said, it's best to sort your photographs into folders before you transfer them to your iPad. Currently the photo viewing app is very primitive and due for a major upgrade.
Just load the folders into iTunes then they will be available for you to sync when you next connect.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The easy way is to buy the Camera Connection kit for $30 and then you can load your pictures into the ipad via a SD card, works great. And by the way it has many other uses as well.

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluesjam said:
The easy way is to buy the Camera Connection kit for $30 and then you can load your pictures into the ipad via a SD card, works great. And by the way it has many other uses as well.

Blues jam, And what might be the many other uses for the camera connection kit? The ability to move photos alone isn't enough for me to justify this purchase.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some have been able to plug in some usb devices in the one connector, the other connector for the SD card really only has one use.

clemsondave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox is another solution. No need to connect the ipad to your PC. It syncs over wifi or 3g through the dropbox account. I don't think it puts them in the 'photo' app though....

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
clemsondave said:
Dropbox is another solution. No need to connect the ipad to your PC. It syncs over wifi or 3g through the dropbox account. I don't think it puts them in the 'photo' app though....

It will if you use the " open with" option.

vanflight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Syncing itunes with ipad

Do you have to wait for itunes on your pc to backup all apps from your iPAD before it will sync so you can then sync photos from the pc to the iPAD?

Most reactions

Latest posts