1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How to transfer photos from laptop to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by tmurray315, Mar 16, 2012.

1. tmurray315

tmurray315 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Higuys so this is my first ipad and i am wondering how do i transfer all my photos from my laptop to my ipad.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

My first response is to suggest that you search both this forum and also the web - there is a wealth of information on this topic already available.

But to be brief, there are numerous 'wired' and 'wireless' options for photo transfer between the iPad & a computer - now your choice(s) will likely depend on 'how many' images you want to put on the iPad - this would likely greatly impact on your decision.

Of course, if you sync your device w/ iTunes, the photos on the computer (images and/or folders) that are checked will be sent to the iPad; for myself, I transfer just a handful so I've made a folder simply called 'iPad Photos', transfer the images I want into that folder, and then perform a sync. There are a number of apps (so an App Store search will help) that can handle this process; I use PhotoSync (check HERE). Other 'wireless' options include Dropbox or iCloud to mention a few.

Hopefully, some of these suggestions will get your started and others hopefully will chime in w/ their preferences - good luck!
  3. tmurray315

tmurray315 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks for the info so if i create a folder and put all the pics i want to sync, and next timem i got to sync pictures will it delete the previous pictures i had on my ipad??
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Please take a look at this Forum THREAD - the second post is quite applicable; still not sure 'how many' photos you want to transfer, i.e. if a LOT then multiple folders w/ appropriate titles might be a better route?

Basically, if you put images into a folder on your computer and then check that folder, a sync will put that folder & its contents onto your iPad; if the photos already on your iPad were synced previously, as long as the images and/or folders remained checked, then the photos should remain on your iPad; OTOH, if you uncheck previous images/folders, these will be removed from your iPad. This can be easily 'screwed up' (I've done it!), so be careful - also explore some of the other options suggested, i.e. may be safer and more versatile - good luck! :)