How to transfer photos from laptop to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by tmurray315, Mar 16, 2012.

1. tmurray315

tmurray315 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Higuys so this is my first ipad and i am wondering how do i transfer all my photos from my laptop to my ipad.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +860 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

My first response is to suggest that you search both this forum and also the web - there is a wealth of information on this topic already available.

But to be brief, there are numerous 'wired' and 'wireless' options for photo transfer between the iPad & a computer - now your choice(s) will likely depend on 'how many' images you want to put on the iPad - this would likely greatly impact on your decision.

Of course, if you sync your device w/ iTunes, the photos on the computer (images and/or folders) that are checked will be sent to the iPad; for myself, I transfer just a handful so I've made a folder simply called 'iPad Photos', transfer the images I want into that folder, and then perform a sync. There are a number of apps (so an App Store search will help) that can handle this process; I use PhotoSync (check HERE). Other 'wireless' options include Dropbox or iCloud to mention a few.

Hopefully, some of these suggestions will get your started and others hopefully will chime in w/ their preferences - good luck!
  3. tmurray315

tmurray315 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks for the info so if i create a folder and put all the pics i want to sync, and next timem i got to sync pictures will it delete the previous pictures i had on my ipad??
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +860 / 0
    Please take a look at this Forum THREAD - the second post is quite applicable; still not sure 'how many' photos you want to transfer, i.e. if a LOT then multiple folders w/ appropriate titles might be a better route?

Basically, if you put images into a folder on your computer and then check that folder, a sync will put that folder & its contents onto your iPad; if the photos already on your iPad were synced previously, as long as the images and/or folders remained checked, then the photos should remain on your iPad; OTOH, if you uncheck previous images/folders, these will be removed from your iPad. This can be easily 'screwed up' (I've done it!), so be careful - also explore some of the other options suggested, i.e. may be safer and more versatile - good luck! :)