How to transfer files from pc to ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jamiecalhoun, Jul 19, 2011.

1. jamiecalhoun

jamiecalhoun iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to transfer my document
    from my pc windows to my ipad2 for job listing but don'T know how is there an app that will let me drag and drop

2. jamiecalhoun

jamiecalhoun iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please help

I want to transfer my not pad files from my pc to my ipad2 but not sure how to do this .pleas help

3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac. That annotation can be handwritten or typed and you can search the document for your typed annotations and bookmarks. On the latest version, PDF files can be scrolled horizontally or vertically.

It can also play several formats of video and audio files too.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland

4. carterlinba

carterlinba iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trying to transfer files from a PC to an iPad following Apple's instructions doesn't work. This does:
    1.Install Dropbox on both your PC and and your iPad.
    2.On your iPad, open the file you want to transfer to your PC.
    3.Under the wrench symbol, go "Share and Print" > "Send to iTunes." Choose the type of file you want to send.
    4.Connect your iPad to your PC and open iTunes.
    5.In iTunes, choose your iPad from the list in the left column.
    6.Still in iTunes, choose Apps.
    7.Scroll down to "File Sharing" and choose the app with which you created the document. The file you sent to iTunes is here.
    8.Highlight the file and choose "Save To."
    9.A Windows dialogue box, "Select Folder," appears.
    10.Find the Dropbox folder on your PC and click "Select Folder." Your file is now in Dropbox.
    11.On your iPad, open Dropbox to see the file you saved.
    12.Tap the file. In the upper right corner of your iPad, tap the arrow. A dialogue will ask you what app you want to open the file in.
    13.Choose the app, and, as they say in Australia, Bob's your Uncle!

The steps outlined above works with iWorks documents.
    Read more: How to transfer files from Computer to iPad

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  5. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    I think this is a misleading statement. Apple's instructions do work. Although I do agree that Dropbox is a great tool for moving files to the iPad if needed.