What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer .epub files onto iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:
@The Alternative some apple stores will activate it for you when you buy it.

The way that I have been loading epubs in my ipad is as follows

I copy them into dropbox
open up dropbox app in iPad
select the epub file
you will get a small message that dropbox was unable to view the file.
in the upper right hand corner of the up you will see a square with an arrow in it. click it and select ibooks to open the file. it will load the book onto your bookshelf in epubs

you can do the same with GoodReader.

Not tried that, thanks

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded a book that is an exe file.

The file was downloaded into my Dropbox app.
When I clicked on the book, I got the message that I unable to view file.
Then went to the top right hand corner and clicked on the square with an arrow through it and got the message that no installed apps support this file.

I do have the iBooks app on my computer and thought it would open it up.
How can I open up and read a book that is an exe. file ?

Thank you

Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
I have downloaded a book that is an exe file.

The file was downloaded into my Dropbox app.
When I clicked on the book, I got the message that I unable to view file.
Then went to the top right hand corner and clicked on the square with an arrow through it and got the message that no installed apps support this file.

I do have the iBooks app on my computer and thought it would open it up.
How can I open up and read a book that is an exe. file ?

Thank you

Honestly, that sounds strange.

.exe is an abbreviation for applications/programs, not for an ebook. There is very little chance to open an .exe file on your iPad.

If the file really only contains an ebook and nothing more, which I highly doubt, but still, than it may be possible to extract the file with either Goodreader, or on a jailbroken iPad with ifiles. But the chances of success are fairly low.

No one would ever put an ebook into a .exe. The only reason I can think of would be, if the file also contains a load of viruses. Not sure, where the file comes from, but let's say, if you haven't payed for it, and no one selling ebooks sends them out as .exe files, than don't bother trying to open it.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had wanted to read this book called "Angel unaware".

It was written by Dale Evans ( married to Roy Rogers ) and is about her Downs Syndrome child.
The book is for sale through Amazon Books.

However, there was a link to get the book FREE and I dl'd it for free. Once I downloaded it, it showed as an .exe file ? This is the link.
**** REMOVED ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply.

I didn't realize I was doing something illegal here.
I'm a real newbie with Apple products and my new ipad2.

I'll go now and remove it from my dropbox.

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This site is amazing. To all who have tried to help me familiarise myself with my new ipad and Apple ways, a big thanks.

Also for the much appreciated help on forum policies. I didn't realize I couldn't include the link where I got the exe file from. Thanks to whoever deleted that infringement on my part.

raejazh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mr

I scanned pages (including maps) from a tourist publication into pdf format then converted one pdf file to epub format using 4videosoft. I can see that epub file in itunes in the book section. I then did a sync of itunes to my ipad-2 by first selecting the epub file, then checking the box for my ipad and the pressing 'sync'. The epub file does not appear to have been transferred - not to ibooks on the ipad!
how do i transfer the epub file (or pdf files) to my ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts