What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer .epub files onto iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I converted my PDF files into .epub format, and now need to transfer them onto my iPad from my PC.

I tried e-mailing them, but the iPad won't download them.
I tried using the USB cable by dropping them into the DCIM folder, not working.

How do you do that??
Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oracle said:
Hi,

I converted my PDF files into .epub format, and now need to transfer them onto my iPad from my PC.

How do you do that??
Thx.

I don't know the answer but can't you just drag it into iTunes and sync?

The Archangel

OP
O

oracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oracle said:
Hi,

How do you do that??
Thx.

I don't know the answer but can't you just drag it into iTunes and sync?

The Archangel

I don't understand your suggestion :(

I am trying to transfer files from a PC laptop, to my iPad. How can I 'drag it into iTunes', if the iPad doesn't let me even transfer it?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just copied this from another thread......

"I drag epubs into iTunes from windows explorer and drop them on my library.

Then I connect the iPad, highlight it in iTunes, go to books (across the top, not on the side) and check sync books, then hit sync."

.......I hope that helps.....let us know if it doesn't.

The Archangel

OP
O

oracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Then I connect the iPad, highlight it in iTunes, go to books (across the top, not on the side) and check sync books, then hit sync."

Thanks.

If I get this right, I need to install iTunes onto my laptop PC first?

Man Apple is killing me, nothing is more user-unfriendly than forcing users to download and install all kinds of nonsense just to be able to view a PDF !!!!!!!!!!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oracle said:
Thanks.

Man Apple is killing me, nothing is more user-unfriendly than forcing users to download and install all kinds of nonsense just to be able to view a PDF !!!!!!!!!!!

Is your iPad jail broken?

The Archangel

OP
O

oracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oracle said:
Thanks.

Is your iPad jail broken?

The Archangel

No, I called 1800 Bail-Bonds and got it out of jail. As far as I know, the iPad as new and in original condition.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oracle said:
No, I called 1800 Bail-Bonds and got it out of jail. As far as I know, the iPad as new and in original condition.

Lol, I was just confused, to sync your iPad, to install iOS upgrades, etc, you need iTunes on your PC......I know some don't like the idea but basically it's just an interface. Once you are sync'd you won't need to connect it very often, it's really up to you from that point on but I am not aware of any other way to get an ePub onto your iPad. It will also back up your iPad so if the worst happens you can restore it.

The Archangel

OP
O

oracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.

I finished installing iTunes on my PC, and dropped the .epub file into "library".
The epub file now appears in the "Books" category.

I plugged the iPad into the PC, but I do not see "Sync Books" on either iPad and PC iTunes interface :(

The iPad iTunes interface looks a lot different too. It offers: Music; Films; Ping; Podcasts, Audio Books, iTunes U; Downloads

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.

I finished installing iTunes on my PC, and dropped the .epub file into "library".

I plugged the iPad into the PC, but I do not see "Sync Books" on either iPad and PC iTunes interface :(

The iPad iTunes interface looks a lot different too. It offers: Music; Films; Ping; Podcasts, Audio Books, iTunes U; Downloads

on the books tab. there are two options. add all new books, or add only selected. then on the bottom left.you'll find the option to apply. hit that one. it will then sync .

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oracle said:
Thank you.

With your iPad plugged into your PC on the left hand side of iTunes you will see your ipad name appear, click on that and then you will see some new tabs along the top of iTunes, one of which should be books or iBooks, click on that and check the sync box then re-sync your iPad.

The Archangel

HenkIe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itunes sybc epubs

I have over à 1000 books i had on à different device. Now with mij new ipad2 i have imported them in ITunes. When i want to send Some books onto my ipad2 i have trough go to all the 1000+ books and select those i want on THE ipad. This is à totaly different interface as for music or audiobooks where you have playlist which you can orgenise and then sync with the ipad.
Is There is way to use playlists?
Henkie

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

Thanks.

Just curious... How on earth did you get your iPad up and running without having iTunes installed?

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@The Alternative some apple stores will activate it for you when you buy it.

The way that I have been loading epubs in my ipad is as follows

I copy them into dropbox
open up dropbox app in iPad
select the epub file
you will get a small message that dropbox was unable to view the file.
in the upper right hand corner of the up you will see a square with an arrow in it. click it and select ibooks to open the file. it will load the book onto your bookshelf in epubs

you can do the same with GoodReader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions