How to link Google Calendar to ipad calendar

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by emoreira, Nov 3, 2013.

1. emoreira

emoreira iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is there any posibility to link the Google Calendar to the iPad 2 calendar ?
    I could not find the way to do this.

Thanks.

2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,352 / 7
    It's possible. It depends on the software on your iPad which way to set it up. Also: is it one calendar that you want to sync to it, or are there more than one?

3. auk001

auk001 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It may also depend on which version of iOS you're running. If you've upgraded to iOS 7, try going to Settings | Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Under Accounts, you should see your gmail account listed (I'm assuming you have a gmail account if you have a Google Calendar). Tap that Account, and then turn on the Calendars option to sync that account's calendar with the built-in iOS calendar.

- Andrew

4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,352 / 7
    Other possibility to add Google calendar only (iOS 6, still working with the new software):

Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar. There, tap "Add Account". Next page: choose "Other". Now go to Calendar and "Add CalDAV Account". To set up the account, add www . google . com as server, enter your email address and password and if you like it, enter a name, like "Google Calendar". Tap "Next". The information will be verified, choose "Save", and Google calendar will be added to the accounts.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  5. n4uau

n4uau iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
  6. iGirl

iGirl iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm having issues with this. iOS7, iPad2 - I have all the right things set up (as suggested below) - even IN the calendars app I can click on the bottom menu "Calendars" and get the pop up window "Show Calendars" which does in fact list my Google Calendar. - Checking and unchecking it makes events appear and disappear - HOWEVER - not all my Google calendar events are on there to begin with.

Not all my G-Cal events meaning = on my Mac (Mavericks) I can see them - on my Android Phone I can see all of them - on my iPad I cannot.
    In "Calendar" on the Mac - checking and unchecking the Google Calendar checkbox (LH side) makes all the event appear and disappear - so it verifies they are all on this one calendar - not spread across different ones.

All I want is one (Google Calendar) shared across all 3 and this seems to elude me on the iPad - but works fine between the Android and Mac, and obviously online.
    Syncing what we see on a Mac and what we see on an iPad should be simple - what am I missing?