What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to import .vcf file into address book ?

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Mac or Ubuntu I can easily import .vcf files with contact address details. But the iPad address book does not recognize this.
Is there an app which imports .vcf files ? I googled around but could not find one.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again...

I have a PC, but I imported my .vcf files into my PC contacts list and then synched with the iPad.

That worked fine. I don't know of an app that can directly import them.

Tim
Scotland

billpool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Mac or Ubuntu I can easily import .vcf files with contact address details. But the iPad address book does not recognize this.
Is there an app which imports .vcf files ? I googled around but could not find one.

Try this link:
import vcard files apps iPhone, iPad APP

Shows about 7 files that reportedly will handle .vcf files?

I used this on google: vcf import app for ipad

HTH

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - that's a great link...now I can save myself a lot of time - a much better solution than mine. Again, thanks for posting this.

Tim
Scotland

c@rel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just mailed myself the VCF file...

I just mailed myself the VCF file and clicked it in the iPad mail app. All entries were imported to my iPad address book. No apps needed...

FransAlmere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.franslieshout.nl
That mailing vcf

Sometimes live can be simple, simply mail the vcf worked for me 300 contacts were added.

But I prefer that the it would be possible to link my adressbook on my home computer. And what ever I try iPad keeps on looking to a https connection while I state a http connection.

But for the time being dis was a great help for me thanks

:)

creiapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out here: VCard Backup

Look for "VCard Backup" in Apple's App Store. It is newly released App in Apple Store. Bulk import hundreds VCF contacts to your iphone in a few minutes.
It support almost all the fields for a contact:Home phone, Work Phone, Home Fax, Office Fax.. URL, Birthday...

richardstephens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just mailed myself the VCF file and clicked it in the iPad mail app. All entries were imported to my iPad address book. No apps needed...

I have been researching this problem for about two weeks now. With latest Lion on my computer and latest OS on my iPad, Address Book does not sync with Contacts on iPad. Plain and simple. Apple is great but definitely not perfect.

So many thanks for this easy and efficient work-around. I can promise that it works. Hope others with this problem find this thread!!!

Reynaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a size limit for this to work? I exported my lotus contacts to VCF and emailed the file to ipad email and it came to 2.1MB.

But when I click nothing happens

Any ideas?

Thanks
R

Most reactions

Latest posts