What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to import movies from computer to an ipad?

shelby4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey don't want to be added to my itunes so i have no idea how to import my movies to my ipad... Is there a way to do it? It says its avi or smth like that i don't really understand all those things.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iTunes is your friend! This all depends on several things:
- what format are your movie/videos?
- where are they currently?
- are they purely for viewing, and if so, are you taking them with you or just watching at home?

BTW, there are plenty of threads with info here that can also get you up to speed.

OP
S

shelby4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I meant that they dont want to be added on my itunes instead of "hey", i have no idea how to put them there.

rhinovr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
VideoLessonOffer.com
Officially AVI files are supported on iPads, but only certain types. If iTunes isn't recognizing it, your best bet is to find a converter that will convert it to an iPad compatible version

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or use an app that plays back common video formats like OplayerHD or AVplayerHD. You can transfer via the app tab in iTunes, and they do not require conversion.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shelby4 said:
I meant that they dont want to be added on my itunes instead of "hey", i have no idea how to put them there.

He was asking the questions to see if you actually want to put the movies on your iPad because you want to take them with you when you are away from the house or if you only want to view them while at home. If you only want to view while at home there are apps that can be used to stream from your PC to your iPad via wifi. I use Air Media Center to stream all of my videos from my pc to the iPad and it handles all the different video formats I have with no problem. You can also set it up for port forwarding so that you can connect when away from home via the Internet. Below is a screen shot from Media Center on my iPad with the folder I stream from the pc to iPad.

image-2533789717.jpg

Don't know if this will work for you in this case but thought it might help.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

shelby4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all, and yeah i wanted to watch movies on my ipad w/o using pc. Just an ipad :)

OP
S

shelby4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Project37, thank you very much, as soon as i'm on my laptop i'll try and do it!

Most reactions

Latest posts