1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

how to find 3g usage

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by tadd5181, Dec 26, 2012.

1. tadd5181

tadd5181 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've run over my allowed 3G usage (2GB) and got a notice about it. But I can't find how on my iPad2 to find (other than phoning my carrier) where my usage is shown on iPad2 so I know when to slow down or stop...I hunted and hunted on "settings". Any help appreciated.
  2. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +439 / 0
    In Cellular you should be able to see your plan.

In General, select Cellular Usage

This will show what you've used since last reset. You can reset the statistics at the beginning of a billing cycle and track it here

Attached Files:

3. tadd5181

tadd5181 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, I can reset but I want to find out (without calling my carrier) how much of my allowed/paid-for usage I have used...resetting it each time is a pain. So I am guess there is no way for me to find that out w/o calling, eh?
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,032 / 1
    If you use the reset statistics button in the third screenshot, you will see how much data, out of your monthly allowance, has been used. Surely that's more convenient than calling several times throughout the month to check up on your data usage.
    My carrier has a special website that account holders can go to online to see how much data they've used during the current billing cycle. The only restriction is that the page is only accessible if you're on 3G, it won't open if you're on WiFi.

Here's a screenshot from my iPhone.

image-895005285.jpgIf I was using cellular data on my iPad I would see a similar page.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012