What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to find 3g usage

tadd5181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've run over my allowed 3G usage (2GB) and got a notice about it. But I can't find how on my iPad2 to find (other than phoning my carrier) where my usage is shown on iPad2 so I know when to slow down or stop...I hunted and hunted on "settings". Any help appreciated.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In Cellular you should be able to see your plan.

In General, select Cellular Usage

This will show what you've used since last reset. You can reset the statistics at the beginning of a billing cycle and track it here

Attachments

• image-2360464117.jpg
    image-2360464117.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 206
  • image-3513185933.jpg
    image-3513185933.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 211
  • image-2451728567.jpg
    image-2451728567.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 219
OP
T

tadd5181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I can reset but I want to find out (without calling my carrier) how much of my allowed/paid-for usage I have used...resetting it each time is a pain. So I am guess there is no way for me to find that out w/o calling, eh?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tadd5181 said:
Yes, I can reset but I want to find out (without calling my carrier) how much of my allowed/paid-for usage I have used...resetting it each time is a pain. So I am guess there is no way for me to find that out w/o calling, eh?

If you use the reset statistics button in the third screenshot, you will see how much data, out of your monthly allowance, has been used. Surely that's more convenient than calling several times throughout the month to check up on your data usage.
My carrier has a special website that account holders can go to online to see how much data they've used during the current billing cycle. The only restriction is that the page is only accessible if you're on 3G, it won't open if you're on WiFi.

Here's a screenshot from my iPhone.

image-895005285.jpgIf I was using cellular data on my iPad I would see a similar page.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts