What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to edit addressbook in Gmail on iPad

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve deleted the other two threads you’ve started on the same topic. Please keep it to one thread for each topic.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's been a while since I looked into this, but I don't think the answer has changed.

You can't use the Gmail app, it has no ability to edit the address book. There is no Google app for the address book, at least on o the iPad. That leaves two methods that I know of.

One is to access and edit your Google address book in a browser.

The second is t add your Google account in Settings > Mail > Accounts. When the account is added you can turn on Contacts and edit them in Apple's Contacts app (or most other third party contact apps). You can actually turn off Mail portion of the account if you don't want to use Apple's Mail app.

This also works for Google calendar and note syncing.

There have in the past been slight mismatches between Apple's apps and Google's, so you risk loss of some of Google's features. You are probably better off just using the browser to access your Google account for anything their iPad apps don't provide.

Edit: I just checked the App Store and there are a few apps that promise to sync Google Contacts. I have not experience with them, but you might find them worth looking into.

Most reactions

Latest posts