What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Crop Wallpaper Image

Pennysworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'Ve upgraded to 7 and chose a new image for my wallpaper. Even though I can crop the image by squeezing my fingers the crop doesn't hold and expands back to fill the screen.

I'd like to keep its rectangular shape. How do I do that?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't reduce the size an image so that it does not fill the entire screen. If you really want the whole picture to show with black boarders around it then you'll have to use photo editing software to add the boarders first.

With the new parallax feature you lose a bit more of the boarder, even on the sides that used to fit exactly. This is because a you need a bit of extra room for the image to move around without creating a band of non-wallpapaer at the edges of the screen.

Expect a whole new generation of iPad and iPhone wallpapers to crop up soon, optimized for the new effects of the iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts