What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many WiFi's will be exchanged for 3Gs on Friday

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there will be a number, but people are buying the wifi models above retail so it would make more sense to sell a wifi model and roll the cash into a 3G. It may be the way I go. Not sure how the supply of wifi models are keeping up though.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not me--not interested in paying any more money to AT&T.

OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there will be a number, but people are buying the wifi models above retail so it would make more sense to sell a wifi model and roll the cash into a 3G. It may be the way I go. Not sure how the supply of wifi models are keeping up though.

I think that in the next iteration of the iPad that the WiFi models along with 16GB storage amount will go away.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPhone is set to tethering but I'm always connected to Wifi and this is working out form me at the moment. Maybe 2nd gen 3G iPad I will.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think there will be a lot of people doing that...i mean not only will it cost you an extra $50-$70 in restocking fees, it will also be another $130 for a radio that will be outdated in a year. I'm sure a lot of them will sell, but I don't think a lot of people are going to really need it since most decent phones can wifi tether one way or another ;)

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think that in the next iteration of the iPad that the WiFi models along with 16GB storage amount will go away.
Why? The 8GB models never went anywhere. People like options. 16GB wifi being the cheapest, will always be the most popular. If people are forced to use 3G and have no wifi, sales will drop.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to BestBuy tonight and spoke to the actual Apple Rep from that store and he said that Apple was given a specific instruction on how to deal with customers that are wanting to trade their iPad wifi with 3G version. According to the Apple rep I spoke to, ZERO tolerance. No trades will be accepted after the 14 day period is expired. Only option is to sell it and the the 3G later.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to BestBuy tonight and spoke to the actual Apple Rep from that store and he said that Apple was given a specific instruction on how to deal with customers that are wanting to trade their iPad wifi with 3G version. According to the Apple rep I spoke to, ZERO tolerance. No trades will be accepted after the 14 day period is expired. Only option is to sell it and the the 3G later.

Good for them.

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Good for them.

Seriously, just sell it on Ebay, the world market for Ipads is huge

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might go with 3G in the next iteration but I have been able to connect everywhere I go without a problem to free wifi. It would be great for the car but not necessary.

Most reactions

Latest posts