What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I SYNC perfectly?

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to recently reinstall iTunes. When I sync my iPhone and iPad how do I make sure nothing is deleted or changed on these devices. Do I do an immediate back up on my iPhone and iPod?

I do have a back up of both devices on the drive the I devices were SYNCED to but I could not open that version of iTunes for some reason.

Now I have a new instillation of iTunes on both my external hard drive and internal C drive. I prefer to use the external hard drive so I can hook that drive to any of my computers and have my I devices information available no matter what computer that I am using.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to recently reinstall iTunes. When I sync my iPhone and iPad how do I make sure nothing is deleted or changed on these devices. Do I do an immediate back up on my iPhone and iPod?

I do have a back up of both devices on the drive the I devices were SYNCED to but I could not open that version of iTunes for some reason.

Now I have a new instillation of iTunes on both my external hard drive and internal C drive. I prefer to use the external hard drive so I can hook that drive to any of my computers and have my I devices information available no matter what computer that I am using.

I think this may be a library issue with change of the iTunes version. Are you having problems opening iTunes after latest installation? As long as you have a complete backup the actual content for both should be preserved in the backups. I have had an issue recently where updating to latest iTunes version would not load my library. But there is a fix which involves updating the .itu file. This may not be your question but re the backup that should have your content based on last backup. Assuming you backup regularly you should be good. I guess most people do as adding content etc normally performs a backup as step 1 when you sync.

SquiderDragon

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SquiderDragon said:
I think this may be a library issue with change of the iTunes version. Are you having problems opening iTunes after latest installation? As long as you have a complete backup the actual content for both should be preserved in the backups. I have had an issue recently where updating to latest iTunes version would not load my library. But there is a fix which involves updating the .itu file. This may not be your question but re the backup that should have your content based on last backup. Assuming you backup regularly you should be good. I guess most people do as adding content etc normally performs a backup as step 1 when you sync.

SquiderDragon

No iTunes is opening fine now. It is that I had service pack 1 on my computer I needed service pack 2.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I will do is disable auto sync then hook both of my I devices using USB cable then do a immediate backup.

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I will do is disable auto sync then hook both of my I devices using USB cable then do a immediate backup.

Sounds like a plan. As long as you had your query resolved!

Most reactions

Latest posts