What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I rip FLAC files to m4a format?

outbackyak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got quite a few FLAC audio files that I'd like to convert to .m4a so I can play them on my iPad.

Is there an easy (preferably free) way to do this? Surely there must be a free (or very cheap) program that can do this. I've tried searching, but nothing comes up that inspires confidence.

Thanks in advance!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've got quite a few FLAC audio files that I'd like to convert to .m4a so I can play them on my iPad.

Is there an easy (preferably free) way to do this? Surely there must be a free (or very cheap) program that can do this. I've tried searching, but nothing comes up that inspires confidence.

Well, not sure about a 'free' program but agree I'm sure that there may be one out there?

I have the program HERE - was not free ($20 I believe) but can do a myriad of conversions - personally, I've used it to get FLAC to MP3 and also M4a (from the iTunes store) to MP3, so I could 'burn' CD-Rs to play on my other machines.

Good luck in your search - :)

OP
O

outbackyak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help - I bought the M4a converter recommended, and it works a treat! Incidentally you can get it for free if you don't mind being bombarded wtih ads - I do! I'll take $20 over no ads any time :)

Thanks for all your help.

Alec

Reaction score
I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert FLAC files to M4A or other audio format.

I like its batch conversion function which support drag and drop the FLAC folder to the app and then batch convert these FLAC to M4A, WMA, AAC, AIFF, WAV etc

It has both Windows and Mac version.

It even can convert video or audio files to FLAC.

Really like it very much.

Hope it also helps for you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert FLAC files to M4A or other audio format.

I like its batch conversion function which support drag and drop the FLAC folder to the app and then batch convert these FLAC to M4A, WMA, AAC, AIFF, WAV etc..................

Welcome to the forum! :) You've replied to a nearly 4 year old thread and much has changed - my response back in 2011 was when I was on PCs; since early 2013, I've been using a MBPro & an iMac, so platform compatibility is important (the one I recommend way back was just for a Windows machine).

The program that you suggest above looks great and is free - many others have appeared in this time period. At the moment I'm also using a 'free' app called Adapter - available for both operating systems and quite easy to use. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts