What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I run an iphone or ipad app in mac os x?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is an emulator as part of the developers SDK that will allow you to run iOS Apps on A Mac

-t

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A emulator is different then a simulator though so some stuff might be different.

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

ipad2guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ipadcandyland.com
But...

Don't you have to pay and apply for the program to get ahold of this? (I could be wrong) if I'm right, it would be cool if the emulator was released separately, as part of osx or itunes, just standard. right?! that would be pretty awesome.

Sahota95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone kno if this simulator or emulator works on windows 7 I'm using a 64-bit one if that helps XD I kno u have to pay for developer thing but just wondering if it works thanks to anyone helps me out.

Sahota95 - Message Sent From Sahota95's IPad 2 White 32GB Wifi Only Edition.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. It's part of the development tool kit. It's meant for developers to design and test their applications before installation on the device.

It's not a 100% emulation either...

-t

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2guy said:
Don't you have to pay and apply for the program to get ahold of this? (I could be wrong) if I'm right, it would be cool if the emulator was released separately, as part of osx or itunes, just standard. right?! that would be pretty awesome.

If you own a Mac then you can sign up to become a Apple Developer which has access to the developer tools. However, in order to put your iOS or Mac apps in the Mac/iOS AppStore, you'll have to sign up to have a membership. If you buy a Mac, it will come with the Xcode Tools, except that it won't include the iOS Dev kit with it. And as I said before a simulator is not a emulator so it's completely different and only for developing purposes. With the developer tools though, you can do some cool stuff even you've never heard of Xcode before such as: creating custom icons, replacing ugly icons, edit Plists using a UI (which can enable desktop widgets, double scroll arrows, etc.), and so forth. As a note about the simulator, it's not easy to use with a mouse or a trackpad.

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Most reactions

Latest posts