How are your favorite apps working after update?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by VitaW, Sep 22, 2013.

1. VitaW

VitaW
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a third gen iPad and I have NOT updated yet to iOS 7. I have been reading these forums and doing research and kind of waiting for some of the bugs to be worked out.

My question is how are some of your favorite apps working, like ones that you rely on? I rely heavily on Pages and Goodreader. I have looked at their recent reviews and it appears not everyone as updated the individual apps for iOS 7. What apps are you all having trouble with?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I've had a few more app crashes than usual, but not an exceptional number. Both with the updated apps and others. This is normal for a .0 update.

I haven't used Pages or GoodReader a lot since the update, but they've worked normally the couple of times checked I did. Hold in mind I've come no where close to giving them a workout.

3. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had any problems with anything.. I'm quite surprised to be honest.

4. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have one slot game that turns on and then returns to the home page. Another, the Disney Mickey Cartoons app that turns on and turns to a black screen. I'm sure they are due for an update soon!

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi VitaW - I've not updated our iPads (2 for me & Mini for wife) yet - I usually wait until the first 'bug' update (should be iOS 7.01, I guess?) - everything is working fine for us and we need no new or enhanced features - will do the same when 'Mavericks' on release (also have a MBPro 7 & iMac) - BUT, this is a very personal decision (have not asked my IT son - sure he has already updated). Dave :)

6. Bennettb

Bennettb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I'm whining. Why did they have to ruin the calendar app? Is it too much to ask for lines dark enough to be able to distinguish the days easily. I use it all the time and it's not getting easier. What is better about it? I like change, but who are these people who think pale is perky? I'm sorry to complain all over the place but pale is putrid. Give me bold and beautiful and readable any day of the week. Darn!

Bobbi