What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the latest iPad 2's looking?

boonekingdom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on April 17th and got it last friday. Super small light leak at 100% brightness/black picture in a dark room. I have trouble even seeing it under those conditions really, so I'd say the problem is definitely fixed.

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for about 3 weeks and when I put it at the highest level of brightness, in a pitch black room with a black image, there is only a very very tiny leakage along the bottom near the home screen. It is only a little bit noticeable in that scenario which doesn't bother me at all because it's pretty much never a problem for me. I never have my brightness at the very highest anyway.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish mine only had a "tiny bit" of the LCD bleeding, but unfortunately it's fairly obvious in 3 different places on the lower-left corner (near the home button)... I have an anti-glare cover and brightness is only 50% so if its that noticeable then that's pretty bad IMO.

I have an appt with Apple today to get a new one ordered.

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spoke to Apple over the phone and they are sending me a replacement. She said Apple are aware of the issue so hopefully this one will be ok.

She said the courier will contact me soon but the new one would take a few weeks which I wasn't happy about so she said I can delay sending this one back till just before I receive the new one.

Rich2putt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has slight bleeding near both sides of the home button, both about the size of half a nickel. Not to concern, doesn't really show when in my apps.

When I was in the market for LCD TV's four years ago, the forums also had concerns with bleeding. Had my Samsung 52", again with very little leakage.

I am enjoying both without thinking or bothering with these minor leaks.

If the bleeding really bothers you, then by all means return it.

tlsmd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine 2 weeks ago! AND WOW I LOVE IT!
I Dont go anywhere without it

fulci zombi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spoke to Apple over the phone and they are sending me a replacement. She said Apple are aware of the issue so hopefully this one will be ok.

She said the courier will contact me soon but the new one would take a few weeks which I wasn't happy about so she said I can delay sending this one back till just before I receive the new one.

I have some significant bleeding (can see it on whatever the default out of the box brightness is, even on light pages/apps)

Also, are you saying they do not cross ship (send new one with prepaid return ship label for old one to go back once you've received new one)? Are you kidding? even dumbass dell does that for me.

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have some significant bleeding (can see it on whatever the default out of the box brightness is, even on light pages/apps)

Also, are you saying they do not cross ship (send new one with prepaid return ship label for old one to go back once you've received new one)? Are you kidding? even dumbass dell does that for me.
Go to your local store. They ordered a new one and told me I could keep mine until new one arrived at the store. I just have to go back and exchange it when it arrives.

fulci zombi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Go to your local store. They ordered a new one and told me I could keep mine until new one arrived at the store. I just have to go back and exchange it when it arrives.

Ok, that will work, thanks (Thsi is only my second apple product since my apple IIe, so I'm still getting used to their policies). does it matter that I ordered engraved? I dont mind losing the engraving.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would think that Apple would have nailed this by now. Some Blame LG, but my theory is that it's probably a couple of production lines at fault. I guess I was lucky.....Mine is perfect, it also seems that more poor quality units seem to be in America. It must be so annoying to wait, only to find you have to return and wait again.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine has bleeding too..got it from the US...so shud i ask for a replacrment here in india? Or shud i wait for this problem to be completely rectified....And the replacements u get are NEW SETS or REFURBISHED? I heard its the latter.. :(

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
Mine has bleeding too..got it from the US...so shud i ask for a replacrment here in india? Or shud i wait for this problem to be completely rectified....And the replacements u get are NEW SETS or REFURBISHED? I heard its the latter.. :(

I am now convinced that the majority of really bad units have ended up in the US. I don't think it's fussy people, I would have taken mine back had it been as bad as some I have read about here.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts