What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

home sharing problem

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
there might be a silly fix for this that I'm not seeing :confused: , I can not seem to connect my ipad 2 to home sharing it did randomly work the other day but why I don't know as I was not doing anything special,it will connect every time to my ipad 1 without problems.Any idea why I'm having these problems or can you only use one apple device with this feature, obviously I'm not trying to use them at the same time.I'm up to date with ipad and itunes software
thanks in advance :eek:

Reaction score
Considering HomeSharing works from iPad 1, it can't be an incorrect iTunes setting. And on the iPad, there is only one option to set:
Enter your Apple ID under Settings->iPod->Home Sharing

Why HomeSharing would not work, is a bit of a mystery. HomeSharing isn't even limited to one device, you can stream two different movies onto two iPads from the same PC and given a sufficiently fast wireless router, there won't be any lag.

Perhaps restart i2 and see, whether that makes any difference?

OP
S

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
iv tried restarting pc, restarting home sharing and restarting ipad plus putting the id back on again ect in various combinations, it randomly worked again today but now its not again :confused: iv got a fast wifi router so its not that.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
samch said:
hi
iv tried restarting pc, restarting home sharing and restarting ipad plus putting the id back on again ect in various combinations, it randomly worked again today but now its not again :confused: iv got a fast wifi router so its not that.

I know I had to pair my iPad with iTunes and it works every time now.

OP
S

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A late reply to this but I found if I restart my pc it works for a few hours but then stops and nothing but restarting again will solve it,I don't know what's causing it but iv found that iTunes is very temperamental at times, iv uninstalled and reinstalled it but it's still the same,it's a shame cos sharing is a good feature of iTunes for all my iOS devices but there seems to be a problem with my pc and bonjour which is the software iTunes uses for sharing .

Most reactions

Latest posts