What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden activation/initial setup method?

kalebr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I was looking for a good group of knowledgeable individuals to bounce ideas off of, and here you are! :)

SO here's my situation. I have 600'ish iPads in my school district. I literally haven't even unboxed the masses yet. I've only pulled out a few to start testing with. The thing that's caught my interest is that in the 10 packs, they're packaged in these cardboard boxes, but the power button is accessible without having to unpackage the units. This would lead me to believe that the power button is accessible for a reason. They're all at the "waiting for iTunes" screen, but why would they have the power button accessible without being able to plug in a dock connector? Anyone have any ideas on this? I'm wondering if there's some hidden SSID they auto-join for provisioning.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome.

As an educator you'll probably find this person's blog interesting, if you haven't discovered it already.

Fraser Speirs - Blog

If he doesn't have an answer I bet talking to him at least lead you to a community of educators working with iPads.

Not brushing you off, please stay. We love having as many perspectives as possible. But you might have more luck getting the education enterprise answers you need in a more targeted forum.

And when you find them, we'd love to become a bit more educated about our iPads here too.

Most reactions

Latest posts