What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Iam new to Apple Products

ianhur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to Apple, I am thinking of taking the plunge with the Ipad.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well most of us here are biased enthusiasts, but you will find lots of posts where desktop usage has dropped dramatically with the arrival of an iPad.

Basically the gadget is just so damned easy to use. Light, easy to carry around and it starts and shuts down immediately. No it won't do heavy desktop lifting like photoshop but it gets pretty close at times.
Best thing is for you to go to a nearby store and play with one.
Then you'll be sorry :)

OP
I

ianhur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, what about the extend Apple warranty is it worth the money?

JMisretired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple warranty provides peace of mind. I also found it useful in that as I use the iPad more, new questions keep popping up. A quick call usually resolves any problems quickly. I'm glad I purchased it.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never paid for an extended warranty and have saved enough money to pay for a camera/iPad/laptop/desktop if it's failed out of warranty. IMHO they are a waste of money.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The AppleCare extended warranty, to me, is like insurance: if you never use it, it's a "waste of money" but if you suddenly need to, especially if the device is expensive or has a higher chance of component failure, then it can be a lifesaver.

From personal observation, if these devices are going to fail, they tend to happen right away within weeks - if not days - of the initial purchase, so users are covered anyway, including 90 days of phone support and 1 year of hardware warranty. Because iPad users tend to carry their device with them a lot more, the chance for an accident is also higher (as described in several other threads in this forum.)

The deciding factor for me was the fact that you can buy AppleCare right up until the last day of your initial free first-year warranty, so there's no rush to sign up for it right away unless you need phone support.

OP
I

ianhur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank again guys you got me thinking on the warranty, not having a Apple product before unsure of reliability.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think given the huge numbers of product that Apple ship, invariably there will be devices that are dead-on-arrival (and indeed we've seen some of them on this forum.)

However, the vast majority of their items work exactly as specified, and from my personal experience, having used four different Apple devices I've never had to haul any of them in for warranty repair or exchange. (I haven't bought AppleCare on my iPad either, but that's also because my Amex automatically covers the product for an additional year.)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the apple care warranty when I got my iMac. Yes, they have helped me. One time my home page got hijacked and without them I would have been lost. But for the most part Google or a forum will work for you as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts